The heat of summer is here and my craving for watermelon is very obvious to my hubby when I bought an eight pound of this thirst-quencher fruit. This is one of my favorite fruits aside from mango of course. I am compelled to refresh my memory about the health benefits of watermelon. Here it goes:
- A good source of Vitamin C.
- A good source of Vitamin A too.
- A good anti-oxidant which neutralized free radicals,
- A good source of lycopene that lowers the risk of cancer.
- A good source of Vitamin B6 and B1 (Potassium and Magnesium).
- It has no fat and no cholesterol.
- It contains 48 calories.
- High in citrulline, an amino acid which is used in the urea cycle to make nitric oxide which relaxes blood vessels.
- It lowers high blood pressure.
- It prevents erectile dysfunction. Would you believe this? They say, it is the exterior rind that has this benefit.
- Because of Arginine(amino acid), watermelon improves insulin sensitivity in obese type 2 diabetic patients with insulin resistance.
hi Amy...i love watermelons too..they r so quenchy..esp in this hot summer over here in Malaysia..the weather is going to burn us alive...haha...ReplyDelete
avid fan ako nitong water melon...
kaya pag season nya talgang di ko pinapalampas..
wow... erectile dysfunction!ReplyDelete
I love watermelon tooReplyDelete