Today is believed to be an unlucky day. Are you afraid of Friday the 13th? If so, then you are paraskavedekatriaphobia derived from Greek word Paraskeví meaning Friday, and dekatreís meaning thirteen, attached to phobía meaning fear. A specialized form of triskaidekaphobia which means fear of number thirteen. Probably, you are also a very superstitious person.
Superstition originated from a mathematical calculation and philosophical views of an individual or society. Such as:
* Last Supper - Judas is seated on the 13th seat from Jesus which led to the betrayal. The superstition: that the number 13th was chosen to carry the cursed.
* Viking Time- Loki the 13th God believed plan the murder of Baldr, arrived the funeral as a 13th guest. The superstition: That if thirteen people gather, one of them will die in the following year.
* Satan was the 13th angel. Superstition: If you are the number 13, you are inclined to be bad.
* US and Canada - tall buildings do not have a 13th floor. They used number 12a or M instead. 12a is higher than 12 and M is the 13th letter of the English Alphabet. Superstition: It is badluck for business.
* In the Philippines, The Makati City Hall had number 33 as the 13th floor instead of 13. Superstition: Badluck
* Apollo 13 erupted before it landed. Superstition: Badluck number.
*Since 1974, Formula 1 has no car number 13. Superstition: Badluck number.
Post a Comment
I love to read your comments. Thank you so much and I will visit back.