Car sickness can get the best of anyone at anytime. Riding in a taxi cab in Los Angeles can especially leave a rider feeling woozy. Sitting in the back seat can intensify the feelings of car sickness, but when it comes to a cab, you don’t have a choice but to sit in the back. Fortunately, there are several things you can do to help prevent motion sickness. Some of the top tips for any rider include the following:
1. Roll the window down. Some passengers get sick from the smell of leather seats, while others get nauseous from the lack of fresh air. Either way, rolling down the window can provide a viable remedy.
3. Have club soda, water, or beverages that contain electrolytes handy. Bringing a drink with you for the ride can help you curb an upset stomach on the spot.
4. Consume ginger or take a ginger supplement an hour before your trip. From ginger tea to crystallized ginger slices, there are a number of ways to indulge in ginger before you call a cab.
5. Take an over-the-counter antihistamine, such as Dramamine or Benadryl, about an hour before you call the cab.
6. Focus on a fixed point, such as the dashboard or a distant point in the horizon.
7. If there is a television in the cab, mute the volume. This will help to settle your mind.
8. If you can’t avoid vomiting, ask the cab driver to pull over. There is nothing quite like the wrath of a cab driver after you have vomited in their source of income. Don’t be embarrassed to ask them to pull over. The driver will be grateful you did.
Car sickness is caused by an abnormality between the way your brain and inner ear perceive motion. Following some of the tips above should be able to help reduce the problem. Choosing a trusted cab company can ensure that you have a reliable taxi cab in Los Angeles that can get you safely and comfortably to your destination.